The JS team is currently looking for a Marketing and Events Coordinator AND an Intern!!
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will participate as member of a team of professional, dedicated employees managing internal and external marketing and events efforts. This position must utilize skills including project management, goal setting and administrative support. The Marketing and Events Coordinator must have the ability to work independently, demonstrate active listening and exhibit organizational skills. This is a diverse role that includes a mix of administrative tasks, project coordination and creative work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to
· Be sure ALL details of signed contract between company and client are adhered to
· Be sure ALL details of marketing and event plan for client are adhered to
· Return all relevant calls and emails and texts from client
· Respond to new inquiries within timely manner
· Attend events as it pertains to the signed contract between company and client
· Work with marketing and/or event specialist to be certain all details are properly executed
· Work with company’s participating vendors
· Work with company’s managers and employees
· Work with company’s event planner unless otherwise agreed
· Work with company’s interns
· Assist with marketing and promoting events
· Assist company when necessary to find extra hands for staffing purposes
· Manage website content
· Manage JS Social Media Pages
Internship Duties / Job DescriptionPUBLIC RELATIONS
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients
- Assist with and answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Collate and analyze media coverage
- Assist in organizing special events including fashion shows, real estate and professional networking events, etc.
- Maintain and update information on company website
- Research companies for special event speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Update company’s social media sitesEVENT PLANNING/COORDINATION
- Assist in Calculating budgets and ensure they are adhered to
- Assist in booking talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys
- Assist in selecting chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event
- Sample food and select dishes for menus
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations
- Assist in Coordinating and monitoring event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Assist in coordinating and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event. Prepare presentations.
- Assist in Negotiating and securing event space
- Create invitee list
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list
- Manage correspondence
- Assist in coordinating event logistics, including registration, attendee tracking, presentation and materials. Support pre and post event evaluations**Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.MajorsPublic Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism*Students must have access to a cell phone, and laptop computer or tablet.